How do these metals get into our bodies?
- Almost all fish contain mercury in their bodies from absorption from the ocean water. This form of mercury is Organic Mercury, the more toxic form. The larger the fish (e.g. tuna), the greater the percentage of organic mercury in their bodies.
- Pregnant mothers pass on two-thirds (2/3) of their mercury load to their unborn child.
- Lead is still being used in paints, including painting toys for children. Some cottage-industry ceramic wares are still lead based.
What are the toxic effects on us?
Mercury can cause Gastro-intestinal disorders, Kidney disorders, Lung disorders, and Neurological disorders.
Lead poisoning can be acute or chronic. Organs involved include Kidney, Brain and Nervous System, Gastro-Intestinal Tract.
How do we know we have the metals in our bodies?
GENETICA offers two important tests:
- The screening test based on Hair Analysis. A sample of hair is obtained and sent to a laboratory for heavy metal analysis. A positive result means you were exposed to the metal.
- A Urine Toxic Metals Test involves a spot urine for analysis. A positive result means you are currently excreting the metal, and therefore need detoxification.
How to Detoxify?
Our doctors will propose personal recommendations for you based on your test results and a thorough consultation including results follow up.